Monday, June 17, 2013

Rhino House, or: The Dream of Animation

Someday, after I've cobbled together some level of mastery over...

Figure Drawing
Animal Drawing
Environment Drawing
Anatomy
Character Design
Composition
Perspective
Lighting
Color

... I would like to tackle ANIMATION - something I've never done beyond making flipbooks as a kid (inspired, of course, by those awesome little pictures on the lower right corners of the pages of the Animorphs series.) I would actually say that the ability to make short animations of my own is the end goal of all this drawing business... at least for now.

Whenever I finally DO get to that point, I'm sure I will be using Rhino House as a tool. It looks like an incredibly useful database. As always, I'm extremely impressed by and grateful for the amount of art education tools available for free on the internet - like ProkoTV and the Figure & Gesture Drawing Tool.




In the meantime, at least I've got this video to clear up the mysteries of animation for me...




(Animation by Giovanni Braggio for his thesis film at The Animation Workshop, Denmark.)

© Gina Florio 2013

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thanks for posting to those fantastic resources. I've been looking for something to help me practice quick sketching, that figure and gesture drawing tool looks perfect. Rhino house looks like a great reference for animation as well.

    "The secret of animation" was hilarious! People sometimes think animation is actually that easy, I wish. XD

    ReplyDelete