Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Don't Forget To Go Outside

Just a friendly reminder...

"Art of any kind, commercial or gallery, can't be created in a vacuum. For it to resonate and find an audience, artists have to be mentally sharp, constantly expanding their skill-sets, and, above all else, remain connected with people."

From Arnie Fenner's post "Unsolicited Advice #3 of 4: Blow the Stink Off" on the Muddy Colors blog.

I am definitely one of those people who is easily lured into being lazy, holing up in my apartment and finding any excuse not to leave and thus have to interact with the world. Which is silly, because I actually love to get out and see and experience new things. I just have to push myself to do it sometimes. Likewise, lately I have to push myself to be social, as it's harder to maintain relationships with people in adulthood - especially in Los Angeles where everyone can live in the same city but still be so far apart from one another. But it's always worth it. I highly recommend reading the above post for more inspiration!

© Gina Florio 2014

2 comments:

  1. Caaave, cozy. Bad outside, baaaad!!! LOL!! Now, being a bit more serious, I agree with going outside being a must, at least to regain perspective once in a while, maybe to remember(or to realize) what are the things that we want to put in our pictures.

    Lots of great updates, Gina. Eager to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! You're totally right Jose. I try to remind myself that if I don't have worthwhile life experiences, I won't have anything good to make art about! I hope you're doing well!

      Delete