Monday, December 14, 2015

Bachelor Party Shirts

Weddings?! I love weddings! Drinks all around!

We've been to six weddings this year (invited to eight), most of which were for very close friends or family members of either Dave or myself. (I realized at our most recent one on December 5th that it was the first wedding this year that we'd actually arrived at together, having been involved in the bridal parties of all of the others.) And these weddings came with all of the assorted sub-wedding events - engagement parties, bridal showers, and of course, bachelor and bachelorette parties.

This year I did four bachelor party shirts (which we then screenprinted onto blank T-shirts with the help of our friends Jessica and Jack).

For my friend Steve, codename: Dennis the Menace.

For my husband. This took forever. He owes me.


For my good friend Thaddeus, aka Thadd Washington, aka Pastor Thadd (he did my husband and I the great honor of marrying us).

For our friend Heinz, who holds the record among our friends for biggest smile and most owned articles of American flag clothing.

While I'm not going into a career in T-shirt design anytime soon, these were all good exercises in graphic design as well as caricaturing people I know, which used to make me super nervous but doesn't anymore. Also, due to the nature of screenprinting, every design had to be black-and-white only with no gradients or shading - a limitation that I hadn't had to deal with before but that led to some interesting artistic growth.

Most importantly, all the guys were super happy with their shirts. Happy clients = happy artist.

© Gina Florio 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment