Thursday, August 18, 2016

SPA Studios Art and Process Video

Lately I've really been digging the art coming out of The SPA Studios (SPA stands for Sergio Pablos Animation). They're an animation and visual development company based in Madrid that has contributed to Despicable Me, Rio, and the independent feature Klaus that's been getting a lot of hype in animation circles.

Szymon Biernacki

Dany Fernández

Sergio Pablos

I pulled all of this art from their excellent blog (which I highly recommend following), where they also post process videos once in a while. I had to share today's step-by-step of a painting by Marcin Jakubowski! Enjoy.


I'm currently enrolled in CGMA's Color and Light class (more on that later hopefully), and as I start down the road of moving beyond sketches to attempt more full-scale illustrations, videos like these are invaluable. I'm learning there are many ways to tackle a painting and everyone must find their own way of doing things, but seeing a roadmap laid out so clearly like this does much to demystify the process... I stop hyperventilating and start thinking maybe, just maybe, I can do it too.

© Gina Florio Sous 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment