Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Dynamic Sketching Week 4 - Insects

I feel like I'm having real problems with rendering light and shadow... and I have trouble figuring out how to depict pattern as well as texture and shadow, and have it not be confusing.










I wasn't too happy with my redesign. I started out with this idea of a culture of native american-type people who worshipped and/or had a symbiotic relationship with giant scorpions... ended up having them use the exoskeleton of the scorpions as armor... just tried to do too much in too little time. Working on scaling back this week.







Not to mention, I know of no one who would ever stand like that. Ever. I can't wait to take some figure drawing classes.

Post-script: Today is the first day in a long time that I feel truly proud to be an American. The trend towards social justice and fairness in yesterday's election is extremely encouraging. "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice" - MLK Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment