Thursday, April 10, 2014

Good Painting Music

A short collection of stuff I've been listening to lately while I paint.













It's funny - depending on what I'm working on (and what stage it's in), the type of music I like to listen to changes. For the beginning stages of a piece when I'm having to do a lot of active thinking about what I want, I really need something orchestral, no lyrics. I listen to a TON of soundtracks, but I also like jazz (Glen Miller anyone?) and classical. If I'm in a more mindless stage of the piece, like finalizing linework, or just doing warmups, I can listen to stuff with lyrics or even podcasts (Radiolab is my perpetual favorite). And of course it varies by the content of the piece. What do you guys like to listen to when you draw/paint?

© Gina Florio 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment