Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pirate Sketches

One of our homework assignments from Figure Invention class was to take thumbnail gesture sketches done from a model in class and clean them up while maintaining the energy of the gesture. I felt like these two cleanups were the most successful. I included my thumbnail sketch in the upper left (sorry for the photo quality).



The original sketches were done in 30-60 seconds. I had NEVER done life sketching that fast before and it was a bit overwhelming - but after I got into the swing of it, I realized I was doing a much better job at capturing the line of action and the overall graphic read of the pose - something I tend to lack in my longer life drawings. I'm resolving to do quick studies like this a lot more.

© Gina Florio 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment