Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Nomad Art Satchel Kickstarter: 1 Week Left

Hey everyone, quick note - somehow I had not heard of this project yet, but I'm so glad I did before the Kickstarter ended! Check it out!



Direct link to Kickstarter page

Like I've said before, I have a tendency to hole up in my apartment and not go anywhere to paint or draw - which is silly! I live in Los Angeles where there are so many good places to sketch! I always WANT to go out sketching, but I definitely don't do it enough, and "I hate having to hold up my sketchbook while fumbling for my materials" is way high on the list of excuses I make for myself. This looks like it solves all those problems in one fell swoop.

For me, the real ingenuity of the bag is in the configurable strap that allows you to carry it like a messenger bag, then switch to the sling-supported sketching mode. You essentially become your own drawing table, keeping the pad stable while experiencing little to no arm fatigue.

It's $150 AUD for one, plus $35 AUD for shipping outside of Australia (comes to about $175 USD total). That's a steep price... but the bag looks incredibly well-designed and high quality. For me, anything that gets me sketching outside more easily and more often is worth it.

© Gina Florio 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment