Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"Challenged" by Stuart McMillen

As a follow-up to yesterday's post, here's one of the things that originally inspired me to dive into this as much as I have.


 
When I found this back in March or April, it hit me really hard. I felt like it was written about me. I was starting to feel like I was floundering a little in my adult life. When I was younger, I was always working towards something... doing my homework, getting through the next text, finishing the next school year, graduating. And I loved learning. My brain flourished under the constant stimulation. When I graduated college and moved to L.A., my next goal was to get a job. And I did that. And then, for the first time in my life, I found myself with a routine that included a lot of free time where no one was telling me what to do.

This panel was the one that really got to me:



I looked at that and saw myself. All I was looking forward to was the next TV show or the next party. I wasn't actively working towards anything. And I have a tendency towards laziness. I want things to be easy. But the most challenging things are the most rewarding things.

So now... "With no one challenging me, I choose to challenge myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment